Fireplace officers stated a big transport container with lithium-ion batteries inside caught fireplace Thursday subsequent to a two-story residence within the East Village.
The blaze was reported at 4:42 a.m. Thursday at seventeenth Road and F Road and it took San Diego Fireplace-Rescue Division crews about 20 minutes to place it out, Battalion Chief Chris Bagler instructed OnScene TV.
As a result of the 25-foot-tall container was filled with exploding batteries, a HAZMAT group arrived to find out the toxicity within the space, Bagler stated. A number of residents of the sponsored housing have been evacuated.
No accidents to the residents and firefighters have been reported.
— Metropolis Information Service