A girl died and her husband was within the hospital in vital situation Thursday after a hearth burned their dwelling within the unincorporated space of Escondido, authorities mentioned.
The fireplace was reported at 2:27 a.m. Thursday within the 2400 block of Alexander Drive, in response to Lt. Matthew Carpenter of the San Diego County Sheriff’s Division.
When Escondido Fireplace Division crews arrived, they noticed a person exterior the house and he advised them his spouse was nonetheless inside, the lieutenant mentioned.
Firefighters discovered her inside and pulled her out of the burning dwelling. The husband and spouse had been rushed to a hospital in vital situation. Carpenter mentioned the girl was later declared lifeless from her burn accidents.
The reason for the hearth was being investigated by Bomb Arson detectives, Carpenter mentioned.
— Metropolis Information Service