Almost three months of live shows start on the Spreckels Organ Pavilion Monday as a part of the San Diego Worldwide Summer time Organ Pageant.
The free exhibits, at 7:30 p.m. every Monday by means of Labor Day, open with James Kealey, first-prize winner on the AGO Nationwide Younger Artists Competitors final yr.
Different live shows over the next weeks on the historic Balboa Park venue embody:
- July 3 – “A Patriotic Salute,” with Robert York.
- July 10 – Ravel’s Bolero, with Raúl Prieto Ramírez, San Diego Civic Organist.
- July 31 – “Dancing Beneath the Stars,” with music to bounce to, that includes organist Emma Whitten and soprano Maria Miller.
- Aug. 7 – “Music in Films,” highlights from Star Wars, Interstellar, Frozen, Jurassic Park and extra with Martin Ellis.
- Aug. 28 – “Not-So-Silent Film Night time,” music accompanies Harold Lloyd´s The Freshman from 1925, with Clark Wilson.
- Sept. 4 – Labor Day Basic Rock Live performance, with six native rock musicians taking over classics by The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, Blondie, Pink-Floyd and extra.
The organ pavilion, a present to town in 1915, additionally hosts free weekend exhibits every Sunday at 2 p.m.