December 6, 2023
A San Diego Hearth-Rescue automobile. Picture by Alexander Nguyen

A fireplace, presumably began by an e-bike being charged within the storage of a three-story condominium within the Serra Mesa neighborhood of San Diego, triggered an estimated $50,000 in harm Wednesday, the San Diego Hearth- Rescue Division stated.

The hearth was reported at 7:15 a.m. Wednesday. Crews arrived at 7:21 a.m. to search out the blaze within the apartment’s storage within the 2100 block of Fenton Parkway, in accordance with a San Diego hearth on-line log.

Officers estimate the harm to the construction was as much as $25,000, with one other $25,000 in harm to the contents.

The hearth was unintended, officers stated.

“It began within the neighborhood of the place an e-bike was charging however we will’t definitively say that the hearth was brought on by the battery,” the log reported.

A Hazmat staff was eradicating lithium-ion batteries that have been broken within the hearth.

–Metropolis Information Service