Police safely rescued a disabled El Cajon man after his dwelling caught hearth early Friday.
The non-injury blaze erupted about 3 a.m. Friday in a indifferent shed within the 1000 block of Ellen Lane, south of Granite Hills Drive and simply east of Jamacha Street, in accordance with Heartland Fireplace & Rescue.
Officers have been capable of get the resident, described as aged and disabled, to security after the flames unfold from the outbuilding into the attic of his home, stated Dave Hardenburger, a battalion chief with the emergency-services company.
Firefighters stored the blaze from spreading into the residing quarters of the residence and had it below management in simply over an hour, Heartland spokesman Andy McKellar stated.
The reason for the fireplace was below investigation.
Metropolis Information Service contributed to this text.