In response to a different highly effective storm bearing down on Southern California Sunday, the county Sheriff’s Division and CAL FIRE officers provided driving tricks to make journey safer this week.
The primary rain ought to arrive Sunday night, with widespread heavy rain and mountain snow occurring Monday and Tuesday, in response to the Nationwide Climate Service.
County emergency companies and public works street crews urge the general public to keep away from driving in heavy rain situations, but when the journey is important they suggested to the next precautions:
- Keep away from driving via deep water
- Keep away from oversteering or stomping on the brakes in case you begin to hydroplane or skid
- Keep away from texting or utilizing a hand-held mobile phone when driving
- Decelerate to keep away from moving into an accident
- Flip in your headlights to see higher
- Attempt to drive towards the center lanes as water tends to assemble in exterior lanes
- Defog your home windows for higher visibility
- By no means drive via a flooded roadway
- Give the vehicles in entrance of you additional distance
- Be careful for public works crews and gear
For extra data, go to County Information Middle.
Metropolis Information Service contributed to this text.