Eight residents of a Bay Park home, in addition to a canine and a cat, escaped a fireplace Friday earlier than firefighters arrived.
The hearth was reported at 7:04 a.m. Friday in a basement-level ground of the home at 2136 Galveston St., in line with the San Diego Fireplace-Rescue Division.
Firefighters made a rapid response and made a rapid knockdown of the hearth, mentioned Battalion Chief Craig Newell advised OnScene TV.
An arson group could be on the scene to research the reason for the blaze, the battalion chief mentioned.
“The residents have been out after we arrived,” Newell mentioned. There have been eight residents, a cat and a canine. All of them received out safely.
There was smoke harm all through the home, which might be unfit for occupation for a number of weeks, he mentioned.
The hearth division requested the American Crimson Cross to help the eight adults who’ve been displaced.
–Metropolis Information Service