Two individuals had been hospitalized and a pet canine was killed Sunday after a home caught hearth in Lemon Grove.
Brent Daum, a battalion chief with Heartland Fireplace & Rescue, stated calls got here in at 3:18 p.m. and firefighters arrived minutes later on the dwelling within the 1500 block of Taft Avenue.
Daum stated the fireplace started outdoors the house and unfold inside. He stated crews had been slowed by downed energy strains, however put out the blaze in 10 minutes.
Witnesses advised OnScene.TV that the 2 individuals injured had been concerned in a battle previous to the fireplace breaking out.
The San Diego Sheriff’s bomb and arson squad is investigating the circumstances that led to the fireplace.